OpenTravel's mission is to engineer specifications that make data transmission flow smoothly throughout travel, tourism and hospitality. OpenTravel creates, expands and drives adoption of open universal data specifications, including but not limited to the use of XML, for the electronic exchange of business information among all sectors of the travel industry.
With a Membership in OpenTravel, your company can…
- Lead the industry in the development of open specifications that are not single-vendor or single-supplier biased
- Gain credibility in the marketplace through membership and participation in an accepted and respected industry standards body
- Ask questions and get answers from OpenTravel implementation experts on the OpenTravel Forum
- Participate in any project team that is relevant to your company’s business needs
- Initiate and lead a project team to address company and industry needs
- Influence the structure of the standards
- Access member’s only documentation and websites
- Get early access to specifications during member review periods
- Network with potential partners and potential customers
- Lower the cost of implementation
- Speed time-to-market for new products and new partners
- Participate in a community of like-minded distribution professionals from the leading companies in the global travel industry who are committed to open standards
- Receive preferred pricing to OpenTravel events
- Prove your company’s experience with OpenTravel schemas through OpenTravel’s Message Registration Program
OpenTravel is a not-for-profit trade association, and our primary
focus is the creation of electronic message structures to facilitate
communication between the disparate systems in the global travel
Membership in OpenTravel is open to:
- Travel suppliers, defined as any company with primary
control of inventory, including air carriers, car rental companies,
hotel companies, railways, cruise lines, insurance companies, golf
course owners, motorcycle, water or bicycle tour companies, etc.
- Distributors, including global distribution companies, wholesalers, aggregators, travel agencies and travel web sites
- Solutions providers
- Software developers and technology companies
OpenTravel dues are based on a company's annual revenue, and membership terms are for one year. All numbers in USD.
- $950 Revenues < $1Million
- $2,250 Revenues $1M < $5M
Revenues $5M < $500M
Revenues $500M < $2Billion
Revenues $2B < $5B
Revenues $5B and greater
Ready to Join?
Click here for an application.
Contact Valyn Perini, CEO.